Former Chicago Bears player Israel Idonije will be the special keynote speaker at the City of Chicago’s Small Business Center on the Road expo set for Saturday, July 18, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the South Shore Cultural Center, 7059 S. South Shore Drive, Chicago.
Presented by the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection’s Small Business Center, this FREE business expo offers small business owners and entrepreneurs more than 40 exhibitors with resources on:
• How to finance a small business;
• How to start the licensing process;
• How to understand and comply with tax laws and requirements;
• Business planning and counseling;
• Connecting with chambers of commerce;
• Business consultants from the Small Business Center will be available for license application and renewal assistance.
Special Keynote Speaker: Israel ldonije
Israel Idonije is an athlete, humanitarian and entrepreneur. He’s known for his excellent football prowess as an 11-year veteran defensive player for the NFL – 10 years with the Chicago Bears. The Nigerian-Canadian native is a Chicago small business owner too. Idonije is the founder of the Israel ldonije Foundation launched Blessed Communion in 2010, and in 2007 he began Athlitacomics. Join Israel and the City of Chicago as he explains the play-by-play of how he’s become a successful entrepreneur.
• Tax Clinic by the Center for Economic Progress
• Legal Clinic by The Law Project
• Photographer to take professional head shots for attendees to use for marketing and social media sites
• Networking Hour
Your Business Toolkit for Growth and Development
Presented by the Chatham Business Association
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Local chambers will emphasize the importance of certifications (MBE/WBE/DBE), contract opportunities, marketing, networking, technology, and access to capital. Attendees will learn the importance of being a part of a local chamber and choosing the right one to successfully develop your business needs for maximum growth.
Small Business Start-Up Success
Presented by YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Learn the ins and outs of starting a small business and gain insight that will help you reach your goals. This workshop will cover starting your entity, marketing it for success and the intangibles of navigating the start-up arena.
The expo is free and open to the public. Find a list of exhibitors at Small Business Center on the Road.