‘Small Business Center on the Road’ Expo Series Kicks Off on March 14 at Malcolm X College
Free Expo Offers 40 Exhibitors, Two Workshops, Free Headshots and More
The City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection’s Small Business Center and Western Union invite small business owners and entrepreneurs to the FREE Small Business Center on the Road business expo on Saturday, March 14,from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Malcolm X College, 1900 W. Van Buren St., with more than 40 exhibitors offering resources on:
• How to finance a small business
• How to start the licensing process
• How to understand and comply with tax laws and requirements
• Business planning and counseling
• Connecting with chambers of commerce
• Business consultants from the Small Business Center will available for license application and renewal assistance
• Consumer awareness and protection
Special Keynote Speaker Laura Schwartz. As the White House Director of Events during the Clinton Administration, Laura created events that represented a nation and inspired the world. Today, as the author of Eat, Drink & Succeed! Climb Your Way to the Top Using the Networking Power of Social Events, Laura shares the secrets to building powerful, effective partnerships in our companies, communities and beyond, adding color with personal anecdotes from her life and White House years as she empowers, motivates and inspires each audience.
Additional Expo Resources:
• Tax Clinic by the Center for Economic Progress
• Two Workshops
• City of Chicago Business Consultants ready to support licensing needs and answer questions
• Photographer to take professional head shots for attendees to use for marketing and social media sites
• Networking Hour
The expo is free and open to the public. Find a list of exhibitors and workshop details at Small Business Center on the Road.
Avoid lines and register early at Expo Registration.