We want to thank you for taking the time to learn more about our organization and the local businesses that volunteer their time every month to help boost the area as either board directors or members. Our mission has been the same as it has always been:
“Our mission is to promote, unite and coordinate efforts to revitalize and improve the business community in order to achieve comprehensive development and enhance the economic life of concerned business people and community professionals in the area.”
However that doesn’t really tell you what you may get out of joining the organization as a member, does it? To address this issue we created and are now posting publicly our Value Proposition Statement. This is our effort to address:
- What is our agency’s value to business? What experience can businesses expect when working with us?
- What is your agency’s value to our neighborhood? What do we contribute to making our neighborhood strong and vital?
- What is our agency’s value to other chamber’s and partners? What unique or strong expertise should other chambers and partners know about our agency?
Near West Side Chamber’s Value Proposition Statement to Our Members:
Small businesses have unique needs in that their resources are limited by their size. They can’t start out with a staff of marketing experts and skilled sales teams. They need a support network to have any chance to thrive. They need a dedicated small business chamber of commerce.
With small businesses being so vital to our community, the Near West Side Chamber will focus on six areas where the biggest impact can be made:
1.) Helping small businesses make more money
2.) Helping small businesses spend less money
3.) Helping small businesses make important connections
4.) Helping small businesses learn how to better run their company
5.) Helping small businesses have a voice with local state governments
6.) Helping small businesses create the next generation of small business owners
We’d like to demonstrate our value by describing membership benefits small businesses in the Near West Side can take advantage of:
1. Membership brings credibility to your business. You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a member of a chamber of commerce.
2. Increase your visibility in the community. As a new member of the Near West Chamber, you will be listed in the chamber website, e-newsletter, on Facebook and have the opportunity to be highlighted in other chamber publications. You can also grow your business by advertising with the chamber and sponsoring events. The chamber may help promote your events and assist with any public relations efforts.
3. Create networking opportunities. Our chamber has numerous committees and serving on one of them provides numerous networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development. You can build your business while promoting developments of keen interest to local businesses and the community at large.
4. Gain a voice in government. Our chamber serves as a delegate agent to the City of Chicago’s Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection. As a designated Neighborhood Business Development Center, members benefit from being on the inside track to be heard and get their questions answered.
5. Make business contacts. The chamber’s most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through other local organizations.
6. Receive chamber newsletters. Newsletters provide new member information, interesting information about operating a local business, articles about the local community, a community calendar and details about up-and-coming chamber events, among other things.
7. Acquire customer referrals. Everyday, the Near West Side Chamber receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors, and chamber members typically recommend chamber members.
8. Chamber events and programs. Chamber events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospective base. Chamber events are innovative and fun ways to help members meet potential customers, clients and vendors – and generate new business leads.
9. Promotion and publicity. With a chamber membership, you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity.
10. Access to member-only discounts and services. In addition to membership discounts on events, we try to show our membership appreciation with customized services, such as providing a stand alone webpage to feature your business and help with marketing materials.